Sir Elton John and ex-wife Renate Blauel have settled a legal dispute caused by the singer’s autobiography and film Rocketman.
In June 2020 Blauel alleged that John had broken the terms of the couple’s divorce deal by publicly discussing the pair’s marriage which ended in 1988.
In the legal proceedings Blauel had asked for damages of approximately £3m and an injunction preventing any further private information being disclosed.
John and Blauel released a joint statement, saying: “The parties are happy to announce that they have resolved this case, in a way that acknowledges Renate’s need for privacy” and “they will not be discussing each other, or their marriage, in future and will be making no further comment about the case.”
Suffering a dispute can have serious implications on you and your livelihood and reputation. Our dispute resolution solicitors will quickly and efficiently put your case together and act on your behalf. Call Vijay Srivastava or Shalish Mehta in our civil and commercial litigation department on 0161 624 6811(Option 6) or email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. We can advise you on the appropriate course of action and assist with any legal documents or proceedings that may occur.
Latest posts by Shalish Mehta (see all)
- Former Premier League player, Sylvan Ebanks-Blake, sues surgeon for ‘millions’ over ending his career - 20th March 2023
- Daughter tries to evict mother, 82, from £800k home for ‘shouting’ at her young daughter - 20th March 2023
- Paralysed rugby player who sued opponent for £10,000,000 over tackle wins compensation - 6th March 2023
- US Rapper Flo Rida wins $82.6 million in compensation after suing Celsius energy drinks company - 27th February 2023
- Lidl and Tesco in copyright dispute over logo - 13th February 2023