HM Courts and Tribunal Services (HMCTS) has announced that in light of COVID-19 restrictions, some of their rules have been relaxed in relation to Probate applications. The changes are temporary but are designed to ensure that applications for Probate can continue and can be processed as swiftly as possible even though many of their staff are working remotely.
Statements of Truth rather than affidavits that need to be sworn in front of a solicitor/ commissioner for oath are to be accepted in most circumstances. Electronic signatures can now also be accepted for some documents and on line applications are being encouraged generally.
If you need a Grant of Probate and need further information, please contact a member of our team on 0161 624 6811 or email email@example.com We are working remotely using technology to continue working and will be happy to assist you at this time.
Latest posts by Rachel Damianou (see all)
- Time to Make a Will? - 17th December 2020
- Making a Will during the pandemic - 4th September 2020
- A Helping Hand - 19th June 2020
- Dying to be heard - 14th May 2020
- Government considers how wills should be signed in light of the COVID-19 situation - 11th May 2020