Bake Off Judge, Paul Hollywood and his wife have reportedly decided to resolve their financial matters through arbitration rather than the courts. Arbitration is one of the ways to resolve disputes outside of court.
There are a variety of methods by which to resolve financial matters on separation, court proceedings are always the last resort and during an initial appointment with a client, we would explore the various options for determining financial matters.
If appropriate, the first option would be to see if an agreement can be reached via negotiations through solicitors. At Wrigley Claydon, we take a constructive but robust approach on behalf of our client’s at what is undoubtedly a difficult time both financially and emotionally.
Another option would be for both parties to attend mediation (as presenter Ant McPartlin is). This process is often a quicker and cheaper way of reaching an agreement, although it would require both parties to voluntarily attend and neither party can be forced to mediate.
Unfortunately though in some cases, court proceedings are the only option.
Early advice on financial matters is always wise, if you would like to arrange a quick 30 minute consultation to discuss financial issues on separation please contact a member of our family team on 0161 624 6811 (Option 5)
Latest posts by Vijay Srivastava (see all)
- A Step-by-step guide on how to apply for a trademark in the United Kingdom - 4th December 2023
- Creating Child Arrangements for the Festive Season Without a Solicitor - 4th December 2023
- Maggies Culture Crawl 2023 - 2nd October 2023
- Macmillan’s World’s Biggest Coffee Morning 2023 - 2nd October 2023
- Coldplay sued by former manager Dave Holmes for £10million - 6th September 2023