Bake Off Judge, Paul Hollywood and his wife have reportedly decided to resolve their financial matters through arbitration rather than the courts. Arbitration is one of the ways to resolve disputes outside of court.
There are a variety of methods by which to resolve financial matters on separation, court proceedings are always the last resort and during an initial appointment with a client, we would explore the various options for determining financial matters.
If appropriate, the first option would be to see if an agreement can be reached via negotiations through solicitors. At Wrigley Claydon, we take a constructive but robust approach on behalf of our client’s at what is undoubtedly a difficult time both financially and emotionally.
Another option would be for both parties to attend mediation (as presenter Ant McPartlin is). This process is often a quicker and cheaper way of reaching an agreement, although it would require both parties to voluntarily attend and neither party can be forced to mediate.
Unfortunately though in some cases, court proceedings are the only option.
Early advice on financial matters is always wise, if you would like to arrange a free 30 minute consultation to discuss financial issues on separation please contact a member of our family team on 0161 624 6811 (Option 5)
Latest posts by Vijay Srivastava (see all)
- Pearl Jam tribute band change name after legal dispute - 25th January 2021
- TikTok faces potential legal challenge from 12-year-old girl - 14th January 2021
- Christmas and New Year’s Opening Times 2020-2021 - 23rd December 2020
- Rugby World Cup winner Steve Thompson plans legal action after revealing he has dementia - 17th December 2020
- Separation and Divorce in challenging times - 6th July 2020