Bake Off Judge, Paul Hollywood and his wife have reportedly decided to resolve their financial matters through arbitration rather than the courts. Arbitration is one of the ways to resolve disputes outside of court.
There are a variety of methods by which to resolve financial matters on separation, court proceedings are always the last resort and during an initial appointment with a client, we would explore the various options for determining financial matters.
If appropriate, the first option would be to see if an agreement can be reached via negotiations through solicitors. At Wrigley Claydon, we take a constructive but robust approach on behalf of our client’s at what is undoubtedly a difficult time both financially and emotionally.
Another option would be for both parties to attend mediation (as presenter Ant McPartlin is). This process is often a quicker and cheaper way of reaching an agreement, although it would require both parties to voluntarily attend and neither party can be forced to mediate.
Unfortunately though in some cases, court proceedings are the only option.
Early advice on financial matters is always wise, if you would like to arrange a free 30 minute consultation to discuss financial issues on separation please contact a member of our family team on 0161 624 6811 (Option 5)
Latest posts by Vijay Srivastava (see all)
- Amazon to close warehouses in France Over Coronavirus Dispute - 16th April 2020
- Scottish football club Hearts’ threat to take SPFL to court if they’re relegated - 15th April 2020
- Australian Cricketer Mitchell Starc Sues Insurance Company Over IPL Contract Payment - 2nd April 2020
- Coronavirus – COVID19 Office Update - 23rd March 2020
- “Jack’s Law” Paid bereavement leave for Parents who suffer the loss of a child under 18 - 25th February 2020