Wrigley Claydon partner and Oldham solicitor John Porter was proud to celebrate the 7th anniversary of the Respect Our Community Awards (ROCA) recently.
ROCA is an arm of First Choice Homes housing association in Oldham – where John is a trustee – that gives out money to worthy community projects.
Launched in November 2007, John has chaired every ROCA meeting since its inception. The fund has given out over £350,000 in grants in this time.
The anniversary was marked and seven years of success in helping the communities of Oldham come together celebrated at the ROCA Board’s recent meeting at the White Hart at Lydgate, Saddleworth.
ROCA also sponsored an award at the Pride in Oldham Awards 2014 that took place on 14th November. Another Wrigley Claydon partner and Oldham solicitor Rachel Damianou, had reason to be proud at the awards as her daughter Eleanna was a runner-up in the Schools award section!
To find out more about our work in the community and that of our employees please see our Oldham Community Support page.
Latest posts by John Porter (see all)
- Changes to Employment Law April 2020 - 5th April 2020
- Toys R Us on brink of administration - 8th January 2018
- Talk over sale of Newcastle Utd as owner Ashley meets investment firm - 22nd December 2017
- GVC gambles on Ladbrokes Coral takeover - 15th December 2017
- UK retail sales up in October against last year - 22nd November 2017