Establishing whether you have a claim
There are lots of different types of possible civil claims. You may have been injured or defamed. You might be owed money by someone who has failed to pay, or you may have contracted a disease as a result of some condition in your workplace.
In each of those cases, your first step is will be to establish whether you have a claim. Ordinarily you will do this be getting the advice of a solicitor, who will consider the law together with the relevant facts and decide whether you might have a valid claim against someone else.
Wrigley Claydon’s Civil Litigation Solicitors; Vijay Srivastava and Shalish Mehta handle cases efficiently and methodically, analysing the issues involved and advising on the most cost effective way to resolve the dispute in question.
Should there be no choice but to issue court proceedings, Vijay and Shalish will competently and systematically deal with the considerable paper work and procedural issues within the dispute resolution process. Whilst doing this, they do all they can to find ways to strengthen the case and resolve the issue as quickly as possible
If we think that you may have a valid claim we will begin putting together the various elements of your case.
Examples of civil litigation cases we can help with:
- Breach of Contract
- Bringing and defending residential and commercial property disrepair claims. Suing builders and contractors where building work is incomplete, unsatisfactory or delayed
- Claims in respect of faulty goods and services where one party has failed to keep their side of the bargain.
- Making and defending claims for the renewal of business leases.
- Recovering payment in respect of unpaid invoices for work done and goods sold.
- The recovery of unpaid residential and commercial rent
- Bringing claims where wills do not make proper provision for dependents and acting for estates defending such claims.
- Cases arising about the mental capacity of the deceased, or questions of undue influence.
- Claims for compensation, damages and injunctions where copyright and trademarks have been infringed.
- Claims against any professionals including solicitors, accountants and architects for substandard service, which has caused you financial loss.
- Protecting your reputation by bringing and defending defamation and libel proceedings where false and malicious statements have been made.
- Injunctions and damages in respect of neighbour and boundary disputes.
- Partnership disputes including expulsion of partners and dissolution of partnerships.
- Claims brought by shareholders in companies whose rights have been breached by the company or other shareholders.
- Directors disputes including the removal of directors and claims arising from alleged breaches of duties by directors.
- Statutory demands, bankruptcy and winding up petitions.
- Landlord and Tenant disputes
During what is often a challenging and frustrating time for our clients, we use the benefit of our skills and expertise as Civil Litigation Solicitors to offer optimum advice and support.
For more information on our civil litigation solicitors services please take a look at our Civil Litigation page or call us on 0161 785 3534.
Latest posts by Shalish Mehta (see all)
- Prince Harry Seeks Judicial Review Over UK Police Protection - 7th July 2022
- Apple faces £768m collective action for ‘throttling’ iPhones - 27th June 2022
- Over 6 million Britons involved in land disputes with neighbours - 27th June 2022
- Volkswagen agrees to pay £193 million to around 91,000 British drivers - 13th June 2022
- Jury in the USA rules against Amber heard in defamation suit brought by Johnny Depp - 9th June 2022