New Balance has won a record payout in a Chinese trademark case after three local shoemakers were found to have infringed the brand’s “N” logo.
A Chinese court awarded the US sportswear firm more than 10 million yuan (£1.2m).
It is believed to be the highest award to a foreign company in a trademark dispute in China.
The country has been tightening its laws to tackle the widespread problem of trademark abuse.
Trademark advice Oldham
If you have a brand, something you have invented, or an original piece of work that you have written and someone infringes your rights we can help. We can assist you in securing an injunction and/or damages or account of profits and the delivery up and destruction of the offending item. If you have been accused of infringing someone’s intellectual property rights then we can also help by raising various defences and minimising your liability.
If you feel you have an intellectual property case and need some legal advice then please speak to Shalish Mehta, our civil and commercial litigation solicitor. Please call us on 0161 785 3534 or email email@example.com.
Latest posts by Shalish Mehta (see all)
- Domestic Abusers still able to Cross-Examine Victims in Court - 31st May 2018
- FirstGroup Suffer Huge £327m Loss - 31st May 2018
- James Campbell, the only son of his late mother Sarah who was told by his late mother ‘it’s all yours’ is defeding a High Court claim for over half of his inheritance of £725,000 by his mother’s last boyfriend, Andrew Banfield. - 31st May 2018
- Judge Savages Every Party in an Appeal as Dishonest - 31st May 2018
- Shares in online grocer Ocado have increased after it struck a deal with US retailer Kroger. - 31st May 2018