We have a dedicated, approachable team with many years experience in helping clients when someone dies.
Following a death, there are a number of practical and technical matters which have to be dealt with. We understand that this can be a difficult and traumatic time. Our team will provide good, honest, impartial advice in a professional and sympathetic manner, whilst acting efficiently.
As your solicitor we will help provide the legal expertise needed at this time including;
- The validity and effect of a Will
- What to do if there is no Will
- Obtaining a Grant of Probate
- Varying the Will
- Disputes between Beneficiaries
- Calculating and Paying Inheritance Tax
- Dealing with Income Tax and Capital Gains Tax
When someone dies, their property and financial affairs need to be dealt with. Who is authorised to do this is dependant on whether or not the deceased has made a Will.