The six stores to close in April are Birkenhead, Bournemouth, Durham, Fforestfach in Swansea, Putney and Redditch. Staff have been offered jobs in nearby stores.
The closure of another eight shops has been proposed, which will affect 468 staff. The eight stores are: Andover, Basildon, Bridlington, Denton outlet store, Falmouth, Fareham, Keighley and Stockport.
It follows a disappointing Christmas period for M&S, when sales of both food and clothing fell.
If you are considering a company merger, acquisition, takeover or joint venture or are in the midst of a shareholder dispute or share capital transaction or need business advice please contact us. Call 0161 785 3573 to speak to John Porter and Soibi Iketubosin in our Company/Commercial Department or email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Latest posts by Shalish Mehta (see all)
- The National Audit Office have warned that law chiefs will fail to complete their digital courts revolution in time and on budget - 10th May 2018
- District Judge Read has publicly criticised the lack of funding for a woman alleging rape and sexual assault - 10th May 2018
- No “special treatment” for LiP as judge weighs interests of represented party and the public - 10th May 2018
- Digital C100 application form will be piloted in family courts - 25th April 2018
- Sue internet giants over ‘online crime’, urges Chief Constable - 18th April 2018