The six stores to close in April are Birkenhead, Bournemouth, Durham, Fforestfach in Swansea, Putney and Redditch. Staff have been offered jobs in nearby stores.
The closure of another eight shops has been proposed, which will affect 468 staff. The eight stores are: Andover, Basildon, Bridlington, Denton outlet store, Falmouth, Fareham, Keighley and Stockport.
It follows a disappointing Christmas period for M&S, when sales of both food and clothing fell.
If you are considering a company merger, acquisition, takeover or joint venture or are in the midst of a shareholder dispute or share capital transaction or need business advice please contact us. Call 0161 785 3573 to speak to John Porter and Soibi Iketubosin in our Company/Commercial Department or email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Latest posts by Shalish Mehta (see all)
- Domestic Abusers still able to Cross-Examine Victims in Court - 31st May 2018
- FirstGroup Suffer Huge £327m Loss - 31st May 2018
- James Campbell, the only son of his late mother Sarah who was told by his late mother ‘it’s all yours’ is defeding a High Court claim for over half of his inheritance of £725,000 by his mother’s last boyfriend, Andrew Banfield. - 31st May 2018
- Judge Savages Every Party in an Appeal as Dishonest - 31st May 2018
- Shares in online grocer Ocado have increased after it struck a deal with US retailer Kroger. - 31st May 2018