The six stores to close in April are Birkenhead, Bournemouth, Durham, Fforestfach in Swansea, Putney and Redditch. Staff have been offered jobs in nearby stores.
The closure of another eight shops has been proposed, which will affect 468 staff. The eight stores are: Andover, Basildon, Bridlington, Denton outlet store, Falmouth, Fareham, Keighley and Stockport.
It follows a disappointing Christmas period for M&S, when sales of both food and clothing fell.
If you are considering a company merger, acquisition, takeover or joint venture or are in the midst of a shareholder dispute or share capital transaction or need business advice please contact us. Call 0161 785 3573 to speak to John Porter and Soibi Iketubosin in our Company/Commercial Department or email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Latest posts by Shalish Mehta (see all)
- Intellectual Property Dispute: Shanks vs Unilever - 10th January 2019
- Yellow Belly beer brewery to end production - 20th December 2018
- Probert v Moore - 20th December 2018
- British microchip-maker Imagination Technologies calls off legal action against Apple - 13th December 2018
- Scotland is set to become the first country in the world with a minimum price for alcohol sales - 14th November 2018