Department store chain Debenhams reported annual profits down by 44% at £59m.
Same-store sales in physical outlets were flat, but mobile sales are growing fast and were up by 57%.
Sales of beauty products, accessories and food and drink helped to offset what was a weak clothing market, Debenhams said.
Food sales in its cafes and restaurants were one of the better performers.
The company said in April that it would close 11 warehouses and put up to 10 stores under review.
The company is also slimming down its in-house brands.
Oldham commercial solicitor
If you are considering a company merger, acquisition, takeover or joint venture or are in the midst of a shareholder dispute or share capital transaction or need business advice please contact us.
Call 0161 785 3573 to speak to John Porter and Soibi Iketubosin in our Company/Commercial Department or email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Latest posts by John Porter (see all)
- Toys R Us on brink of administration - 8th January 2018
- Talk over sale of Newcastle Utd as owner Ashley meets investment firm - 22nd December 2017
- GVC gambles on Ladbrokes Coral takeover - 15th December 2017
- UK retail sales up in October against last year - 22nd November 2017
- Profits down but sale up for Sainsbury’s - 15th November 2017