Online retail giant Amazon is to open a new warehouse near Bristol in 2018 which it says will create 1,000 jobs adding to its 13 sites in the UK.
Other new warehouses are set to open in Doncaster, Warrington and Tilbury this autumn. The firm’s UK workforce will total 24,000 by the end of 2017.
AHC, an agency employed by Amazon, was exposed in a BBC documentary for its treatment of its delivery drivers on long hours, low pay and conditions.
Earlier this month Amazon was found to have paid 50% less UK corporation tax last year, despite a 54% jump in turnover.
Accounts filed by Amazon UK Services show the company was billed £15.8 million in 2015 compared with £7.4 million in 2016.
Company expansion solicitors
If you are considering a company merger, acquisition, takeover or joint venture or are in the midst of a shareholder dispute or share capital transaction or need business advice please contact our company expansion solicitors.
Call 0161 785 3573 to speak to John Porter and Soibi Iketubosin in our Company/Commercial Department or email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
Latest posts by John Porter (see all)
- Toys R Us on brink of administration - 8th January 2018
- Talk over sale of Newcastle Utd as owner Ashley meets investment firm - 22nd December 2017
- GVC gambles on Ladbrokes Coral takeover - 15th December 2017
- UK retail sales up in October against last year - 22nd November 2017
- Profits down but sale up for Sainsbury’s - 15th November 2017