We are committed to providing a high-quality legal service to all our clients. When something goes wrong, we need you to tell us about it. This will help us improve our standards.
If you have a complaint about our services or a bill, please contact us with the details.
What will happen next?
- We will send you a letter acknowledging receipt of your complaint within three days of receiving it, enclosing a copy of this procedure.
- We will then investigate your complaint. This will normally involve passing your complaint to our client care partner, John Porter, who will review your matter file and speak to the member of staff who acted for you.
- John Porter will then invite you to a meeting to discuss and hopefully resolve your complaint. He will do this within 14 days of sending you the acknowledgement letter.
- Within three days of meeting, John Porter will write to you to confirm what took place and any solutions he has agreed with you.
- If you do not want a meeting or it is not possible, John Porter will send you a detailed written reply to your complaint, including his suggestions for resolving this matter, within 21 days of sending you the acknowledgement letter.
- At this stage, if you are still not satisfied, you should contact us again and we will arrange for another partner or someone unconnected with the matter at the practice to review the decision.
- We will write to you within 14 days of receiving your request for a review, confirming our final position on your complaint and explaining our reasons.
- If you are still not satisfied, you can contact the
PO Box 6806
about your complaint. Any complaint to the Legal Ombudsman must usually be made within six months of the date of our final written response on your complaint or written within a year of the act or omission about which you are complaining occurring (or becoming aware of it). For further information, you should contact the Legal Ombudsman on 0300 555 0333 or at email@example.com or you can consult the website at www.legalombudsman.org.uk
If we have to change any of the timescales above, we will let you know and explain why