The government has begun work on closing down regional Probate Registries and moving the service under one roof. The first centre to close will be Birmingham at the end of August. Questions are being asked as to why probate services are being cut when the government has plans to increase probate fees. Ministers insist the new service will improve through bringing together shared expertise ultimately at the Courts and Tribunal Service Centre in Birmingham.
However, for many people this will raise concerns with the removal of the face to face service. Probate can be applied for on line but for many people, at this already stressful time, the ability to speak to someone in person, is really important.
If you are dealing with probate and need help and guidance, the wills and probate team at Wrigley Claydon will be happy to help. We offer a free initial consultation. Please call Rachel Damianou or Jyoti Patel on (0161) 624 6811 (option 3).
Latest posts by Rachel Damianou (see all)
- World Suicide Prevention Day - 12th September 2019
- Probate centre cuts and closures - 26th August 2019
- What happens when a couple appear to die together and evidence fails to prove the order of their death? - 15th August 2019
- Living Well – 10th April 2019 - 28th March 2019
- A Pet is not just for Christmas - 3rd January 2019