Louise Brown, the World’s First Baby conceived via IVF was born on the 25th July 1978, at Oldham General Hospital.
On 10th November 1977, Louise’s Mother, Lesley Brown underwent a procedure, later to become known as in vitro fertilisation (IVF), developed by Patrick Steptoe, Robert Edwards and Jean Purdy.
Patrick Steptoe was a client of Wrigley Claydon Solicitors, and at the time Paul Vincent, who was a junior parnter, was asked to draw up legal papers for a research trust to be set up by Steptoe and Professor Bob Edwards concerning the whole IVF issue which the pair were pioneering.
Latest posts by Vijay Srivastava (see all)
- Pearl Jam tribute band change name after legal dispute - 25th January 2021
- TikTok faces potential legal challenge from 12-year-old girl - 14th January 2021
- Christmas and New Year’s Opening Times 2020-2021 - 23rd December 2020
- Rugby World Cup winner Steve Thompson plans legal action after revealing he has dementia - 17th December 2020
- Separation and Divorce in challenging times - 6th July 2020