Louise Brown, the World’s First Baby conceived via IVF was born on the 25th July 1978, at Oldham General Hospital.
On 10th November 1977, Louise’s Mother, Lesley Brown underwent a procedure, later to become known as in vitro fertilisation (IVF), developed by Patrick Steptoe, Robert Edwards and Jean Purdy.
Patrick Steptoe was a client of Wrigley Claydon Solicitors, and at the time Paul Vincent, who was a junior parnter, was asked to draw up legal papers for a research trust to be set up by Steptoe and Professor Bob Edwards concerning the whole IVF issue which the pair were pioneering.
Latest posts by Vijay Srivastava (see all)
- Separated Couples with Children – Have you agreed arrangements for Christmas? - 18th November 2019
- Alternative methods of resolving finances on separation - 18th November 2019
- Good SAM App - 24th October 2019
- Cruciate Ligament - 24th October 2019
- Glasgow Coma Scale - 10th October 2019