The owner of Bargain Booze and Wine Rack, Conviviality, has announced plans to file for administration within two weeks.
Conviviality also supplies wine and spirits to all 900 D Weatherspoon pubs and also the Slug & Lettuce chain and All Bar One pubs.
It has issued profit warnings in recent weeks and revealed a £30m tax bill. The company sought £125m from investors but said it had been unable to raise those funds.
Conviviality employs about 2,500 staff and their jobs are now at risk.
Conviviality had been trying to raise £125m to keep the business going, but had announced that those attempts had failed.
If you are considering a company merger, acquisition, takeover or joint venture or are in the midst of a shareholder dispute or share capital transaction or need business advice please contact us. Call 0161 624 6811 to speak to John Porter and Soibi Iketubosin in our Company/Commercial Department or email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Latest posts by Shalish Mehta (see all)
- Liverpool FC fail in move to trademark the word ‘Liverpool’ - 9th October 2019
- Rita Ora admits she ‘feared for her career’ during legal battle with her former record label, Roc Nation, which is owned by Jay Z - 26th September 2019
- French international footballer Nabil Fekir’s ex-agent takes legal action against Fekir - 25th September 2019
- Sir Jim Ratcliffe, Britain’s third-richest man involved in planning battle - 15th August 2019
- Mamadou Sakho sues WADA for £13m over drug test error - 11th August 2019