We can provide assistance in the unfortunate event of a Will dispute or claim against an estate that arises following a bereavement.
When someone passes away there are sometimes unfortunate instances when there can be disagreements over their estate. These disputes over contesting a Will can be incredibly stressful.
A Will dispute or claim can arise for a variety of reasons.
Cases we have dealt with in the past include badly worded Wills, queries as to the validity of home-made Wills and insufficient provision being made for a spouse or partner.
Whether you wish to contest a Will or find yourself on the receiving end of a claim, the whole process can be very time consuming and emotionally difficult. We understand this and offer the best advice on how to proceed given your specific circumstances. We have a team of specialist probate solicitors highly experienced in this complex area of law.
Common grounds for a Will Dispute:
- Parties claiming that the deceased did not make adequate (or any) provision for them
- Doubts over the validity of a Will
- There was a problem over the mental capacity of the deceased when they made the Will
- The deceased was tricked or coerced into making the Will
- Allegations of fraud or forgery
- Correct procedures as to the witnessing and signing of the Will were not followed
- The Will has been lost
- There is a mistake in the Will
- There are arguments between or with the Executors
Rachel Damianou, partner and senior solicitor in our Probate department and Shalish Mehta, our litigation solicitor can provide professional and sympathetic assistance at what can be a distressing time.
How much will it cost?
We offer a free initial interview to listen to your story and assess your claim. Consequently you can contact us and with peace of mind and without obligation. If the claim goes ahead the costs of your claim are generally reimbursed by the estate if you are successful.
To speak to one of our probate specialists, please call us on 0161 785 3572 or email Shalish for more information.