Louise Brown, the World’s First Baby conceived via IVF was born on the 25th July 1978, at Oldham General Hospital.
On 10th November 1977, Louise’s Mother, Lesley Brown underwent a procedure, later to become known as in vitro fertilisation (IVF), developed by Patrick Steptoe, Robert Edwards and Jean Purdy.
Patrick Steptoe was a client of Wrigley Claydon Solicitors, and at the time Paul Vincent, who was a junior parnter, was asked to draw up legal papers for a research trust to be set up by Steptoe and Professor Bob Edwards concerning the whole IVF issue which the pair were pioneering.
Latest posts by Vijay Srivastava (see all)
- The World’s First baby to be conceived via IVF - 15th November 2018
- The Platt Brothers - 8th November 2018
- World War One Memorial at Oldham Parish Church - 8th November 2018
- Talking About Dementia – 11th October 2018 - 8th October 2018
- Let’s Talk About Dementia – 27th September 2018 - 25th September 2018