Online retailer Shop Direct, which owns Very.co.uk and Littlewoods.com will close its distribution centres in Shaw, Little Hulton and Raven in Greater Manchester.
It does, however, plan to build a new warehouse in the East Midlands employing 500 people, but said redundancies were likely putting nearly 2,000 jobs at risk.
The new site will be fully-automated, which Shop Direct said would allow it to process more orders and reduce the time it takes to get products to customers.
According to Shop Direct, its sales climbed 5.6% last year to £1.93bn.
If you are considering a company merger, acquisition, takeover or joint venture or are in the midst of a shareholder dispute or share capital transaction or need business advice please contact us. Call 0161 624 6811 to speak to John Porter and Soibi Iketubosin in our Company/Commercial Department or email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Latest posts by Vijay Srivastava (see all)
- Talking About Dementia – 11th October 2018 - 8th October 2018
- Let’s Talk About Dementia – 27th September 2018 - 25th September 2018
- World’s Biggest Coffee Morning – 28th September 2018 - 24th September 2018
- Jeans for Jeans – 21st September 2018 - 13th September 2018
- Lets Talk About Dementia – 27th September - 6th August 2018