Children affected by a family break-up will be helped to stay in contact with their grandparents under reforms being contemplated by ministers in Scotland. They are considering a legal presumption that children stay in touch after a divorce or separation. At present, grandparents have no legal entitlement to their grandchildren.
Currently, grandparents in Scotland can apply for a contact order, or a residence order if they believe the children should live with them. However, in England grandparents and have no automatic right to apply for contact.
Should grandparents in England have legal entitlement to their grandchildren?
Latest posts by Shalish Mehta (see all)
- Intellectual Property Dispute: Shanks vs Unilever - 10th January 2019
- Yellow Belly beer brewery to end production - 20th December 2018
- Probert v Moore - 20th December 2018
- British microchip-maker Imagination Technologies calls off legal action against Apple - 13th December 2018
- Scotland is set to become the first country in the world with a minimum price for alcohol sales - 14th November 2018