Children affected by a family break-up will be helped to stay in contact with their grandparents under reforms being contemplated by ministers in Scotland. They are considering a legal presumption that children stay in touch after a divorce or separation. At present, grandparents have no legal entitlement to their grandchildren.
Currently, grandparents in Scotland can apply for a contact order, or a residence order if they believe the children should live with them. However, in England grandparents and have no automatic right to apply for contact.
Should grandparents in England have legal entitlement to their grandchildren?
Latest posts by Shalish Mehta (see all)
- Domestic Abusers still able to Cross-Examine Victims in Court - 31st May 2018
- FirstGroup Suffer Huge £327m Loss - 31st May 2018
- James Campbell, the only son of his late mother Sarah who was told by his late mother ‘it’s all yours’ is defeding a High Court claim for over half of his inheritance of £725,000 by his mother’s last boyfriend, Andrew Banfield. - 31st May 2018
- Judge Savages Every Party in an Appeal as Dishonest - 31st May 2018
- Shares in online grocer Ocado have increased after it struck a deal with US retailer Kroger. - 31st May 2018